Thursday, November 03, 2005

grain

Maynard, MN. Grain is the industry in town, not counting the bars and cafe. There were three tractor trailer trucks waiting in line behind the one you see in the photo.

It's a good year for corn; high yields, though I don't know about prices. When we were driving to Maynard, we saw huge piles of corn outside. The grain bins were full, and the extra corn was in huge piles (the size of an apartment building) outside. Wish I could have stopped along the side of the road to take a photo of them.

The photo is at an odd angle, I know. I was walking over the rail tracks and messing with the camera at the same time. Sort of interesting, I think, although I wouldn't use it as an example of a 'good' photo. Good thing I don't try to walk and chew gum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home